Today in London, we woke up to 34 degree heat, the hottest it’s been in over a decade (although I’m sure ‘they’ always say that) Nonetheless, life is good. I made myself an iced coffee, a waffle and some fruit. I sat in the garden in my bikini looking over social media and finding common ground with everyone enjoying the sun on Instagram. I have finished work and no longer have to bus any tables or ask a single person if they want ‘seasoned fries with that’. And so, this little post is dedicated to the small things that I am thankful for.
1. TIME OFF. I know that I am incredibly lucky to have to opportunity to leave work for a couple of months to have some time to myself, to see a bit of the world, to blog and to chill. On the beach. With a cold drink and some watermelon. Surrounded by history and friends.
2. FAMILY. I have lived back at home for just over one year now and I often forget that I was away. I am such a family person and today, I am thankful for everything that we have and everything that we don’t have but make the best of.
3. RETAIL THERAPY. Last week, I had my driving test and failed. It’s incredibly sad and shallow that going shopping could cheer me up and make me feel a little less inadequate. But it did. I had a little cry, got myself some nice sandals and a couple of tops, went home and booked another test. Onwards and upwards.
4. COLD DRINKS. I am thankful that I am able to go to my fridge and get a freezing cold drink out or make myself some water and ice. Sometimes, life can be made from all of the little things and I am thankful for them too.
5. FEELING HOT. I feel completely content and I am thankful for that. There are lots of things in life that can get you down, or make you feel stressed and the last couple of weeks have been difficult. But today, I feel good. I have 12 days left until I fly to Croatia to spend the summer in the heat and I know that life is completely worth all of the down days, when I get days like this one.
What are you thankful for?