There is not a single person on the planet that could tell me they do not enjoy summer without lying. The weather in London recently has had a mind of its own, but when it isn’t stormy, it’s bloody sunny. I loooove summer and here is why, you curious bunch.
1. THE DAYS ARE LONGER – I don’t feel bad about sleeping in because I know that the sun will be out until half nine at night. We all get productive and do things we wouldn’t do in winter. Like, go for walks and actually complete silly errands.
2. ADVENTURES – We can spend the day outside, at the beach or in town. We can book flights to go and see the world or live for weekend adventures with friends and family. Super cute.
3. PIMMS – When the Pimms and lemonade comes out you know it is finally summer. Or you confirm that you are just very British.
4. GETTING STUCK INTO A GOOD BOOK – A holiday book is always essential. There is nothing better than spending the day by a pool or in the garden reading a good’un.
5. BBQS AND SALAD – I love salad and I love barbecued meat. So the first BBQ of the summer is a good time. It’s also a lot easier to stay healthy in summer, which is always good after spending the winter months drowning ourselves in carbs and chocolate.
6. EVERYONE GETS BOOZY – It’s a lot harder to say no to an evening in the pub garden when the sun is out. This may be bad for the bank, but almost always creates good memories.
7. TANNING – I feel like I am a better person when I’m tanned. That’s not just me, is it?! If I’m going to lay around and do nothing, I may as well get out and lay in the sun. I can’t be the only person that gets excited when they find a tan line.
8. SUMMER WARDROBE – Maxi dresses, midi skirts, short shorts, sandals. Being able to leave the house without a coat.
9. TIME FOR REFLECTION AND PLANNING – Now that we are all being super productive, we can make goals and look back at the last six or so months. What do you want to achieve by the end of the year? It’s time to make it happen.
10. EVERYONE GETS HAPPY – There’s something about summer that raises everyone’s spirits. We are all waking up to a warm and light room, we are eating out and staying active. We are off on holiday and making plans. Life just seems so much more simple when the sun is out.
What are your favourite things about summer? What are you looking forward to?