Remember me? I used to blog.
It’s taken a little while to want to get back into this and actually I’m still not entirely sure where it’s all going but today, a Saturday, 3 months after my last post, in a completely new year, I’m sitting here binge watching Arrow (my new tv addiction) It’s 3 o’clock in the afternoon and I’ve had 2 cups of coffee, a fry up and a lot of left over Christmas celebrations all from my bed and I get the urge to start writing. This is usually about the time I nap but something told me to get off my arse and pay the domain that I let expire because I felt like I didn’t love it anymore. I stared at my feed wondering if I really want to start this all again, if I can be bothered, if I’m inspired enough, questioning whether I’ll post this and never post again but fuck it, I want to be back and I’ve missed this.
Given that it’s been toooo long since we had a chat, here’s 5 things you missed whilst I was taking a blog sabbatical.
1. I had a birthday. I’m 24 which is bloody old. I had the cutest weekend, loads of cocktails, I cried because I was sad in McDonald’s and then cried again with happiness and I wouldn’t take turning 24 back for the world.
2. Christmas. December was so sassy I don’t even know where to begin. I LOVED my Christmas despite things at home being so different and sad. Realising I have to be happy with what I do have or I’ll never cope.
3. I drove on the motorway for the very first time. I’ve had the same car since September and that baby has got me through 2 roadtrips, to work and back during a snowstorm and survived one almost crash on a roundabout – so that’s been pretty epic.
4. I got a promotion. When work is sometimes soul destroying and I live every waking minute being tired, it’s nice to know I’ve been recognised for being a bit of alright. It’s only little, but it’s a bloody good start.
5. One year. One year isn’t a long time for some but I am so pleased to have spent a whole year with my favourite person. We had a shit load of Greek food and red wine and live music, and spa fun and even though he had to put up with me falling asleep on NYE, I couldn’t have brought in 2017 without him.
SO, there’s life. I promise I’ll try not to ditch ya for so long next time. It is January of a completely new year after all and I got this now.
I’ll be seeing you.