*NB. NOT FOR THE NON SWEET TOOTHS.
It’s Easter weekend my friends. And although I’ll be slaving away at work, I’ll for sure be making time to stuff my face with everything chocolatey.
This Easter Nest Cake is a classicccc and so so good. If you’d like to impress your family and friends this holiday, then give it a go (and then maybe go for a run, because it is in no way good for you)
WHAT YOU NEED:
100g butter (I use Stork)
275g dark sugar
175g plain flour
1tsp baking powder 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g cocoa powder (I used Bournville)
for the topping:
salted caramel frosting
betty crocker chocolate fudge frosting
2 big bars of Galaxy Chocolate
1. Grease two sandwich cake tins and preheat that oven to 180c. You’re good to get going.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until soft and beat in the eggs. An electric whisk comes in handy here.
3. Sift your flour, baking powder and bicarb into the bowl.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the milkand cocoa powder together until combined-ish.
5. Fold the flour mix and cocoa mixture together and give it a good whisk. Then spoon into the two prepared tins. Stick in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Easy Peasy.
6. When out of the oven, allow the cakes to cool slightly and turn out onto a wire rack. I then left my cakes to cool for an hour – as you can never have enough cooling time.
7. The next lot is really simple if you are lazy like me and bought the ready made frosting. Spread the salted caramel frosting on the insides of both cakes and then stick together.
8. Then spread the chocolate fudge frosting over the top and sides.
9. To make your nest, you want to melt your galaxy chocolate in the microwave. 1 minute should do it but keep a good eye on it. Then crumble in your shredded wheat and mix together until it looks nesty-ish. (gr8 instructions)
10. Using your hands just place the nest mixture on top of the cake and place your eggs in the centre. Chocolate Heaven.
HAVE A GOOD EASTER YOU BEAUTS.
UNTIL NEXT WEEK,