The 72nd Golden Globes were upon us last night, and not only do I lurveeee a movie awards, I also love stalking the red carpet (from the comfort of my own sofa, secretly wishing I was doing jagers with Jennifer Aniston at the after-party, that is) Although I do love creeping on the likes of Benedict Cumberbatch, Jamie Dornan and Channing Tatum (swoon, btw), I can’t help but get super girl crushes on the women of the red carpet (or their designers, at least) and so I’ve put together a couple of my fav looks, as well the looks that probably should have been rethought.
MY FAVS –
1. NINA DOBREV – Black dresses are always a win for me and this one by Zuhair Murad is super classy. Backless and lace detailing, literally spot on. I also love that her hair and makeup isn’t too fancy, showing off her naturally flawless visage.
2. JENNA DEWAN-TATUM – As I am probably the epitome of pale, I’m not sure I could ever get away with a strapless lemon dress but Jenna looks HOT and it brightens up all the winter looks, which is nice. Yellow and flattering, who knew it was poss? Carolina Herrera did well. ps. how cute is this pic of Jenna with hubby Channing watching her and being all adorable?!
3. TOSS UP BETWEEN ANNA KENDRICK AND SALMA HAYEK-PINAULT – I really liked both of these so both deserve third place in my favs. Pitch Perfect star, Anna looks just that in her gown by Monique Lhuillier. It’s a bit different, especially compared to her LBD in 2009, but it’s lush and the way it sits on the neck and waistline is beaut – although, in my opinion, she could do with a couple of Big Macs. Salma Hayek-Pinault pulls off an Alexander Mcqueen gown slightly resembling my bedsheets – a massive skill. I love a good strapless and the entire look is completed with a matching clutch, what a dream. The ivory against the silver belt is a surprising winner.
Also looking super cute was the hilarious Emma Stone in her jumpsuit, OITNB’s Taylor Schilling in stunning red, J-Lo in a dress only she could pull off and ofc, Benedict Cumberbatch ( or did I mention him already?!)
THE BRAVES –
1. LANA DEL RAY – Lana didn’t hit the right note with this one. Not even sure I have words other than, what the fuck (pardon my french)
2. KEIRA KNIGHTLY – Soz Keira, I know you’re preggers and your hair and make up looks insane (good), but my nan’s butterfly teapot cosy was not the best look, even if it is Chanel.
3. ALESSANDRA AMBROSIO – Don’t get me wrong, the 33 year old model looks crazy fit but other than the colour I just don’t like this one. The braless, underwear look just isn’t for me and I’m not sure it’s right for the Golden Globes after-party either. It perhaps wouldn’t have been so bad if her legs weren’t so on show? But what do I know, I’m sitting here in Tesco pyjama bottoms and a granny jumper from a charity shop…
That’s it for me today, sorry there hasn’t been a real Monday review in FOREVER. Stay tuned tomorrow for last week’s best buys!
Couldn’t agree more with everything you said! Emma Stone did steal the show for me though. After reading your post I realised that I had forgotten how classically beautiful Anna Kendrick looked which is a shame.
I have just posted my review of the fashion at the Globes and would love it if you checked it out and let me know what you thought. x
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m glad you agree! I loooved Emma Stone’s jumpsuit and the train made it so different! There were so many that when looking back it’s a shame they weren’t included! I’ll definitely check your review out! Thanks for commenting! xx
LikeLiked by 1 person