In the spirit of my 3 days off this week (hallelujah), I decided to find out what we like to get up to on the days that we get off. I know that I’m super lazy when I get a day off, I crave company and some days I don’t. Sometimes a break from routine is just what we need, and this week I needed it. Today I spent the day at my sisters, something I feel like I haven’t been able to do in a long time. We ate, watched Kardashians, stalked people’s Instagram and ate more – not far off my perfect day, lets be honest. Whilst at my sister’s, I realised that the babies, one 4, the other 6, had not yet had to experience real routine but they do have school, and the first day back after a holiday always used to make me appreciate the days off I just had.
We all want them, but what we do with them makes them so much more valuable. Before nagging my babies for an answer, I thought that our ideal days off probably wouldn’t be all that different. Now, I’m not too sure…
LUKE, AGE 4 –
1. stroking bunnies (erm, what?)
2. counting (my least favourite pass time)
3. going to the funfair (not in January my friend)
4. seeing movies
5. playing xbox with people (HE IS FOUR)
ELLIE, AGE 6 –
1. going swimming (she doesn’t go swimming..)
2. making jokes
3. watching tv (Nikelodeon, basically)
4. going shopping (with all that money she has)
5. singing and dancing (my secret favourite pass time)
and this is me, 22 years old and already craaaaaves a day in bed with a cup of tea and a boxset.
1. catching up on tv (we are a family that luuurves the tv)
2. pyjama days (the best thing about a day off + not having to wash)
3. spending money one way or another (working to fund my days off, say whaaa)
4. baking, reading, writing (22 going on 80)
5. early nights, late mornings (sleeping, a lot, basically)
What ever happened to the days off I spent stroking bunnies and counting for fun? 12 years on them and I’m already waiting for a day off to have an early night and to catch up on Orange Is The New Black. Not that I’m complaining, because these are some of our best days. HOW DO YOU LIKE TO SPEND YOUR DAYS OFF? ps. plz tell me I’m normal.
Please check out my music blog cliffsofdover123.wordpress.com
LikeLiked by 1 person